Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer in Lakewood Ranch
Lakewood Ranch real estate attorney Joseph B. Battaglia has been licensed to practice law since 2008. Since then, he has represented clients in a wide range of legal matters including real estate, consumer bankruptcy, corporate bankruptcy, consumer protection, creditors’ rights, foreclosure, eviction, breach of contract claims, purchase and sale transactions, and others. Joe has represented individuals, corporations, limited liability companies, banks, mortgage servicers, and non-profit organizations. He has spoken on the topic of bankruptcy to other attorneys, and has co-authored continuing legal education books published by the Florida Bar.
Attorney Joseph Battaglia has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell with an “AV” rating from his peers, which means that he was deemed to have very high professional ethics and preeminent legal ability. Only lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability receive a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating.
In 2023, Joseph Battaglia achieved the recognition of being Board Certified in the area of real estate law by the Florida Bar. As of August 1, 2023, he is 1 of only 4 attorneys with their official Florida Bar address in Manatee County, Florida. Further, there are less than 450 overall attorneys in the entire state of Florida holding this certification.
Reviews & Testimonials
Below are some reviews/testimonials provided by past clients/customers of the firm, as well as by a fellow Florida attorney. Please note the following statement required by the Florida Bar: prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results.
“He proved to be very knowledgeable in this area of expertise, always professional, and also responsive and sensitive to my needs and those of my family. He guided me through the whole process and, I believe, helped me make the best decisions in the long run for my situation.”– review from a client
“Mr. Battaglia is a wonderful attorney with high ethical standards. He is trustworthy and knowledgeable. He maintains a high level of practice and is a true pleasure to work with.”– peer review from an attorney
“Working with Joe Battaglia was a great experience. He was more than kind and helpful. I was very distraught when I came to see him and he immediately put me at ease. He was there for me every step of the way and always available to answer any of my questions and concerns. His knowledge and experience were more that I could have asked for. I will forever be grateful for his help and kindness.”– review from a client
“Joe is professional, very responsive, and attentive to all details. He remained calm and patient as he worked through last minute issues with our lender. We highly recommend him as a real estate attorney.”– review from a client
Papers, Publications & Presentations
- Co-author; The Florida Bar’s Continuing Legal Education manual titled: Florida Practitioner’s Guide – Mortgage Foreclosure and Alternatives, Ninth Edition (2016) and Tenth Edition (2018)
- Property of the Estate: To Revest or not to Revest, That is the Question, The Cramdown, the quarterly newsletter of the Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, Summer 2013
- Co-presenter; “Tax Issues in Consumer Bankruptcy,” CLE Presentation sponsored by the Tax Section of the Hillsborough County Bar Association, January 17, 2012
- United States District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Tax Court
- Barry University School of Law, J.D.
- University of South Florida, B.A.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Barry Law Alumni Mentorship Program
- Alumni Mentor – 2023
- Manatee American Inn of Court
- Barrister – 2022 – 2023
- Associate – 2017 – 2019
- Realtor Association of Sarasota and Manatee
- Corporate Sponsor – Bronze 2021 through present
- Manatee County Bar Association
- Member – 2010 through present
- Chair – Real Property Section; 2018 – 2022
- In re Baker, 2015 WL 13049756, (Bankr.S.D.Fla. 2015)
- In re Hanson, 525 B.R. 791 (Bankr.M.D.Fla. 2015)
- In re Martinez, 515 B.R. 383 (Bankr.S.D.Fla. 2014)
- In re Layton, 480 B.R. 392 (Bankr.M.D.Fla. 2012)
Attorney Joseph Battaglia assists clients primarily in the Lakewood Ranch area, but will assist clients in the greater Manatee County and Sarasota County areas, including the cities and towns of Sarasota, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, Myakka City, Palmetto, Duette, Longboat Key, Siesta Key, Anna Maria Island, Ellenton, and Bradenton Beach.