Bradenton attorney Joseph B. Battaglia has been licensed since 2008 and practices with the law firm of Dye, Harrison, Kirkland, Petruff, Pratt & St. Paul, PLLC. Mr. Battaglia practices in the areas of residential real estate law, commercial real estate law, bankruptcy law, commercial litigation, and real estate litigation, counseling clients on a diverse range of legal matters, including residential real estate closings, commercial real estate closings, loan transactions, chapters 7 and 13 consumer bankruptcy filings, creditor bankruptcy representation, foreclosure, homeowners association disputes, real estate litigation, and title curative matters.
Mr. Battaglia has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell with an “AV” rating from his peers, which means that he was deemed to have very high professional ethics and preeminent legal ability. Only lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability receive a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating.
Papers, Publications & Presentations
- Co-author; The Florida Bar’s Continuing Legal Education manual titled: Florida Practitioner’s Guide – Mortgage Foreclosure and Alternatives, Ninth Edition, 2016
- Property of the Estate: To Revest or not to Revest, That is the Question, The Cramdown, the quarterly newsletter of the Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, Summer 2013
- Co-presenter; “Tax Issues in Consumer Bankruptcy,” CLE Presentation sponsored by the Tax Section of the Hillsborough County Bar Association, January 17, 2012
- Florida, 2008
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2009
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2013
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2013
- United States Tax Court, 2009
- Barry University School of Law, J.D.
- University of South Florida, B.A.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Manatee County Bar Association
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- The Manatee American Inn of Court
- In re Baker, 2015 WL 13049756, (Bankr.S.D.Fla. 2015)
- In re Hanson, 525 B.R. 791 (Bankr.M.D.Fla. 2015)
- In re Martinez, 515 B.R. 383 (Bankr.S.D.Fla. 2014)
- In re Layton, 480 B.R. 392 (Bankr.M.D.Fla. 2012)