Attorney Joseph B. Battaglia has been licensed to practice law since 2008 and is employed with the law firm of Dye, Harrison, Kirkland, Petruff, Pratt & St. Paul, PLLC in Bradenton, Florida. Mr. Battaglia practices in the areas of real estate, bankruptcy, and debtor-creditor litigation, including mortgage foreclosure and eviction actions. Mr. Battaglia’s experience allows him to counsel clients on a diverse range of legal matters.
Mr. Battaglia has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell with an “AV” rating from his peers, which means that he was deemed to have very high professional ethics and preeminent legal ability. Only lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability receive a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating.
Papers, Publications & Presentations
- Co-author; The Florida Bar’s Continuing Legal Education manual titled: Florida Practitioner’s Guide – Mortgage Foreclosure and Alternatives, Ninth Edition (2016) and Tenth Edition (2018)
- Property of the Estate: To Revest or not to Revest, That is the Question, The Cramdown, the quarterly newsletter of the Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, Summer 2013
- Co-presenter; “Tax Issues in Consumer Bankruptcy,” CLE Presentation sponsored by the Tax Section of the Hillsborough County Bar Association, January 17, 2012
- United States District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court and Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Tax Court
- Barry University School of Law, J.D.
- University of South Florida, B.A.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Manatee County Bar Association
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- In re Baker, 2015 WL 13049756, (Bankr.S.D.Fla. 2015)
- In re Hanson, 525 B.R. 791 (Bankr.M.D.Fla. 2015)
- In re Martinez, 515 B.R. 383 (Bankr.S.D.Fla. 2014)
- In re Layton, 480 B.R. 392 (Bankr.M.D.Fla. 2012)
Attorney Joe Battaglia assists clients in the southwest Florida region, including the cities and towns of Sarasota, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, Myakka City, Palmetto, Duette, Longboat Key, Siesta Key, Anna Maria Island, Ellenton, and Bradenton Beach.