Battaglia Law, PLLC is proud to announce that, on August 1, 2023, attorney Joseph B. Battaglia became Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Real Estate Law
Licensed in 2008, Mr. Battaglia practiced for a number of years exclusively in the areas of bankruptcy and debtor-creditor litigation. However, in 2016 he decided to refresh his career, and began learning real estate at one of the oldest law firms in Bradenton. As his practice became more real estate-focused, in 2020, he made the bold decision to leave that firm so that he could forge his own path, founding Battaglia Law, PLLC, and making real estate the main focus of his practice.
Of the more than 111,000 licensed attorneys in the state of Florida, less than 450 are Board Certified in Real Estate Law
Becoming board certified is a major accomplishment, one that recognizes Joseph Battaglia’s expertise in the area of real estate law. Board certification is a rigorous process that requires attorneys to demonstrate their knowledge and experience in a particular area of law. Pursuant to the Rules Regulating the Florida Bar, some of the requirements for qualifying for real estate board certification are as follows:
- Substantially Engaged in the Practice of Law. The attorney must have a minimum of 5 years substantially engaged in the practice of law. The “practice of law” means legal work performed primarily for purposes of rendering legal advice or representation.
- Substantial Involvement in Real Estate Law. A satisfactory showing of substantial involvement by the attorney in the area of real estate law during 3 of the last 5 years preceding the application for certification.
- Continuing Legal Education. A satisfactory showing of the completion of continuing legal education in the specific area of real estate law.
- Written Exam. The attorney must pass an examination in order to demonstrate sufficient knowledge, skills, and proficiency in the area of real estate law and in the various areas relating to such field.
- Peer Review. A peer review process is utilized to solicit information from other attorneys to assess competence in the specialty field, and professionalism and ethics in the practice of law. To qualify for board certification, an applicant must be recognized as having achieved a level of competence indicating special knowledge, skills, and proficiency in handling the usual matters in the specialty field. The applicant shall also be evaluated as to character, ethics, and reputation for professionalism.
Joseph Battaglia’s board certification is an honor that speaks to his dedication to practice of real estate law, and also highlights the importance he places on education and specialized training. He believes that the continuous evolution and application of practical knowledge and experience is the key to providing clients and customers of the firm the highest level of service.
Let us help you!
Are you buying or selling a home? Whether you are working with a realtor or are proceeding with a for-sale-by-owner transaction, Battaglia Law, PLLC would love to assist with your real estate closing. Contact the firm today to see how it can help you achieve your real estate goals.